The home for impact capital managers.
Over the past decade, as more consumers demand socially responsible products and companies have responded to this changing market, the practice of responsible, sustainable and impact investing has increased in prominence among asset owners, asset managers, and investment funds. In the United States, there are now over 100 venture capital and private equity funds who seek to deliver superior financial returns and clear and measurable impact as a core part of their investment strategy.
The Impact Capital Managers serves as a network that brings together the general partners of these market-rate funds deeply committed to impact investing in the United States. Collectively representing over $35 million in impact-focused capital, we will work together to answer essential questions and set common goals.
Our first convening addressed:
- Market standards for fundraising
- Benchmarks of operational performance
- Best practices for the measurement and reporting of impact
- Policy opportunities to promote the expansion of market rate impact investing
- Co-investment opportunities among regional and thematic subgroups of managers
Who we are
In February 2017, representatives from industry leaders gathered at Harvard Business School to launch the network: